Firefox 3.6.8 still having problems loading heavy Flash websites
Upgraded to latest 3.6.8 Firefox version and noting it is still having issues loading heavy flash websites. Takes 5 to 6 times longer to load a webpage if there is Flash on it. I do have the latest version of Flash installed according to Adobe's website so that's not the culprit. Will be uninstalling this latest version and rolling back to the copy of 3.6.3 version I kept which worked great with all flash websites. Waiting for the problem to get fixed before I update again...hoping they can fix this. I noticed this problem starting back with version 3.6.6 and still hasn't been fixed with 3.6.8...
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Unity Player 2.5.0f5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Open Containing Folder
Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant
Noia 2.0 eXtreme OPT
(.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
i have loaded 6tabs... they are loaded full... and firefox is using 1GB of DDR... :S
i must restart it from time to time to work....
and that plugin CONTAINER...its not FIX for solution with FLASH... its just not good solution fixing your problems...and ours.... firefox users....
I have the same problem, tried upgrading to the version 4.0b6 of Firefox, installed NoScript, Flash is upgraded yet when I go to a site with heavy graphics it locks up all of the tabs and keeps saying it is loading. This happens most noticeably on sites such as Airmiles.ca or Q107fm.ca where there is a lot of flash. If I open Internet Explorer, it has no issue with the sites.