view, toolbar and bookmarks are all gone on my firefox window and all this new stuff with Yahoo and bing are there and I don't want it and cannot access bookmarks-help?
I no longer have a bookmark choice or any way to access toolbar settings or view. I do have a new Yahoo and Bing search (too many searches and a bunch of stuff I don't want and do not know how to get rid of - MSN, NEWS, Celerity, Video, Weather, etc. all taking up window space. I cannot find my bookmarks because I have nothing to click to access them. I cannot do the "Installed Extensions" listed below because I do not have a TOOLs button to click. Help!
Additional System Details
- -npmnqmp 071301000019
- HBLite Firefox Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/2009122116 Firefox/3.0.17 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) sirjbfastbrowsersearch
MY TOOLBAR IS GONE WITH THE SHORTCUTS ON HERE I ONLY HAVE THE FILE, EDIT, HISTORY, BOOKMARKS, TOOLS, & HELP PLS HELP ME GET MINE TOOLBAR BACK
Sounds like you hid the Menu bar. Hit the Alt key to show the Menu bar, then open View > Toolbars and select Menu bar, so it has a check-mark. --- Anonymous,
Open the View > Toolbars menu and select what you want to see.
I've lost* all my toolbars - I don't even have the standard toolbar, so I can't go to "View -> Toolbars" to get it back. Right clicking in the header area doesn't bring up any useful options either....HELP!
(*when I say "lost" I mean accidentally removed like the idiot I am - I chose to hide them all - temporarily - and now can't get them back! So it's not a virus or anything nasty....)
In Firefox 3.6 and later on Windows you can hide the menu bar via "View > Toolbars" or via the right click context menu on a toolbar. Press F10 or press and hold the Alt key down to bring up the menu bar temporarily. Go to "View > Toolbars" or right-click the menu bar or press Alt+V T to select which toolbars to show or hide (click on an entry to toggle the state).