How do I stop Firefox from asking me to update?
The options menu only has "notify but do not update," with no way to turn them off completely. But, since Firefox is apparently just as pushy and stupid as Microsoft programs, Firefox absolutely refuses to stop accept my answer of "no" and then never ask me again... I can't imagine why anyone would willfully update to Firefox 3.6.4, since this adds 1.5x memory to Firefox which is already a HUGE memory hog according to task manager, by adding another process which does absolutely nothing useful at all (any "crashed" pages have to be reloaded anyway - and that's all of them, not just one). It should be pretty obvious to Firefox engineers that no one would want to ever downgrade from 3.6.3 to 3.6.4 , so I can't imagine why it keeps asking me to update, but I definitely need to know how to turn it off.
Go to Tools->Options->Advanced->Update and uncheck the box that says Firefox and click OKRead this answer in context 24
Additional System Details
- -mmt audioPlugin
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100401 FireDownload/2.0.1 Firefox/3.6.3
Go to Tools->Options->Advanced->Update and uncheck the box that says Firefox and click OK
Also please update to Latest firefox 3.6.6 by going to www.getfirefox.com