Fails to print web pages - switch to 'ineternet explorer' and it prints page
Fails to print web pages - switch to 'internet explorer' and it prints page
Every time Firefox opened
== recently after update of firefox
Additional System Details
- -LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- DNL Reader
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The ECW plugin allows you to view gigabyte size imagery over the internet. Visit http://www.erdas.com for more information.
- Progress bar for Image Web Server
- Tool bar for Image Web Server Images
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0_03 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
trouble shooting did not offer any help
Although some of the numbered bugs are listed as fixed, they do seem to be on my machine: FF3.6.8 and Xmarks being the only add-on
Does not print multiple pages
DIVs, I-Frames, and Tables that extend beyond the end of a page can cause this problem.  Related bug reports include:
* Bug 113217 – iframe printing broken when iframe height more than page height * Bug 154892 – Splitting Absolutely positioned frames not implemented - Missing second page of content when printing or print previewing this site (fixed in Firefox 3) * Bug 192129 – Only one (1) page in print preview
Still not fixed: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=113217 Reported 2001-12-03 - from before the (Phoenix)/ Firefox project even existed.
This Bug was fixed for the specific "testcase" involved. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=154892 Here's a new Bug that lists all the similar Bugs, which are shown under Depends on: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=521204 - which covers Bug 192129 as being a dupe of 129941
IMO, printing from Firefox will never be "right" and those Bugs will never be fixed. Mozilla needs to start from scratch and write new code.
The suggested fix by " anonymous worked just fine!
What is the fix for this issue? It seemed to start when i updated Firefox.
urgent fix needed please. William
I had this same problem. It was very easy to fix. I just downgraded to an earlier version and had no problems.
In my case, it's FF 6.0.2, and the following web page:
Only the first page prints, and the bottom half of the last line is missing as well, on an HP LJ5P printer.
In fact, the pages shown in Print Preview are also incorrect. Scale doesn't seem to matter -- the 2nd page is always missing.
Modified by PhoebeAnn
I would like a reply that shows the fix in language that does not require any computer savvy at all. I really need to print web pages easily and without hassle.
Type about:config in the Location Bar and press Enter. A list of preferences will appear. Oh no it doesn't! Says not recognised.
Please start a new thread for your problem or question and provide troubleshooting information like your operating system and installed extensions and installed plugins.
[locking thread due to age]