How do I start firefox in safe mode on a Mac as the equivalent of holding option key whilst starting doesn't open dialogue on Mac?
I am trying to reset toolbars and am following firefox's help instructions. How do I start firefox in safe mode on a Mac as the equivalent of holding option key whilst starting doesn't open a dialogue box on the Mac?
Additional System Details
- -Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inc.http://www.veetle.com
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 1996-2006 The VideoLAN Team, 2006-2009 Veetle, Inc.http://www.veetle.com
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-GB; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
Hopefully this support article is what you need:
Thanks Morbus but this link takes me through to the instructions I was following. Doesn't work on the Mac.
You'll notice that you can make the article show Mac instructions if you click Mac OS, near the top of the page, where it says Show content customized for:. If that still doesn't work, I can't provide you additional help, since I don't use Mac :(
Thanks Morbus.. I hadn't noticed that but it was already set at Mac. I tried it again and it worked this time... but alas my main problem persists:
My back and forward buttons don't work in Firefox and I've lost all of my bookmarks! I've tried a few of the suggestions but without success at the moment.
Particularly unhelpful are the instructions to back-up your lost bookmarks - which I can't do cos they're lost!!