when prompted by FF I downloaded the 3.6.6 update, but FF refuses to install it when i restart it
I'm running FF 3.6.4 with Windows Vista Home Premium. When prompted to download FF 3.6.6 I did, but when I restart FF it refuses to install FF 3.6.6, saying it cannot until I quit FF. But this happens even when I restart Windows, i.e. when FF is definitely not running.
Every time Firefox opened
== I downloaded FF 3.6.6 from within FF 3.6.4, using check for updates.
Additional System Details
- -Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4
extensions are ai roboform, avg safe search, checkplaces, colorfultabs, cooliris, evernote web clipper, java console, last pass, secure login, stumbleupon, tv-fox, xmarks, xmarks searchtabs
What you can do is download the latest version here. Install it as normal. Your problem should be fix.