Updating Flash without Admin Rights
I have Firefox installed with standard user privileges. I used to be able to extract the "Flash Player.plugin" from the dmg file and place it in "~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" ... but now I can only get a file called "Flash Player.plugin.lzma"
I can't install flash with admin privileges. So what can I do?
== I updated Firefox... the whatsnew page said I should update Flash.
Additional System Details
- -Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.17.3 http://www.musicnotes.com
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- npmnqmp 071705000010
- Coupons Inc. Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4
Firefox version 3.6.4 on Mac OS X 10.6.4
You probably need to contact Adobe about this, since Flash is their software... ?
Hi, try with this instruction: http://www.varesano.net/blog/fabio/installing+flash+player+plugin+firefox+without+having+administrator+access+or+premissions
Worked for me (and many others, as seems)