Where did file/edit/view/favorites/tools/help tool bar go? How do I get it back?
The home page tool bar that includes "file/edit/view/favorites/tools/help is missing. How do I get it back?
Every time Firefox opened
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Can't see the Menu Bar (File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, Help)? Turning the Menu Bar on and off is a new feature in version 3.6. (Linux & OSX see: What happened to the File, Edit, and View menus? ) Windows Method 1. Hold down the key and press the following letters in this exact order: V T M Windows Method 2. Press and release the key. The Menu Bar will be displayed; then choose ~~red:V~~iew > ~~red:T~~oolbars and click on ~~red:M~~enu Bar. The Menu Bar should now be displayed permanently, unless you turn it off again using View > Toolbars. Check mark = displayed, NO check mark = not displayed. See: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Menu+bar+is+missing
Navigation Toolbar, Bookmarks Toolbar and other Toolbars under View > Toolbars. Clicking on one of them will place a check mark (display) or remove the check mark (not displayed).
To display the Status Bar, View, then click Status bar to place a check mark (display) or remove the check mark (not displayed).
Full Screen mode http://kb.mozillazine.org/Netbooks#Full_screen
Other Issues: ~~red:You have installed plug-ins with known security issues. You should update them immediately.~~
Install/Update Adobe Flash Player for Firefox: your ver. 10.0 r45; current ver. 10.1 r53 (important security update 2010-06-10) See: Updating Flash -use Firefox to download and SAVE to your hard drive (save to Desktop for easy access) -exit Firefox (File > Exit) -check to see that Firefox is completely closed (Ctrl+Alt+Del, choose Task Manager, click Processes tab, if "firefox.exe" is on the list, right-click "firefox.exe" and choose End process, close the Task Manager window) -double-click on the Adobe Flash installer you just downloaded to install/update Adobe Flash -when the Flash installation is complete, start Firefox, and test the Flash installation here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507&sliceId=1
- NOTE: On Vista and Windows 7 you may need to run the plugin installer as Administrator by starting the installer via the right-click context menu if you do not get an UAC prompt to ask for permission to continue (i.e nothing seems to happen). See this: http://vistasupport.mvps.org/run_as_administrator.htm
- NOTE for IE: Firefox and most other browsers use a Plugin. IE uses an ActiveX version of Flash. To install/update the IE ActiveX Adobe Flash Player, same instructions as above, except use IE to download the ActiveX Flash installer.
- Also see: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash ~~red:AND~~ How do I edit options to add Adobe to the list of allowed sites