My homepage (comcast.net) will not "take" despite following instructions (it "flickers" in the browser)
I just was forced to upgrade (darn) and my home page (Comcast.net) will not take depite following the easy instructions on "make my homepage". The Comcast site just "flickers" in the browser. All other bookmarks/favorites are fine, I now have to go to IE to access Comcast.net (home page for me). Can I "un-install" the upgrade that I was forced to download?
it turned out to be fixed by 1) removing cookies (temporarily) and then2) clearing cache, (from Tools). thanks to allRead this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/2010031422 Firefox/3.0.19 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
what does this mean?
I notice that you're running a rather old version of Mozilla Firefox, I would suggest upgrading to the current version from the Mozilla Firefox website. This may fix the problem, and your Firefox browser will become substantially faster and more reliable.
it turned out to be fixed by 1) removing cookies (temporarily) and then2) clearing cache, (from Tools). thanks to all
''' Still in 2012, it worked to clear the cache and cookies! '''