This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
firefox runs slow, stalls, types slow, & wont allow to min.,hide,or close.
FF windows begin to run extremely slow, I notice it when I try and type something in, if I type too fast it will stall then page turns white, then will maybe continue to type in the rest of my characters but super slow. At that point it wont allow me to minimize,hide or close out the window via the main three buttons at top, and they will start to blink, so I just have to force quit FF. But it does not do it all the time??? only a couple times a day but always in the middle of my rush at work ---strange.
Every time Firefox opened
== not sure, I think i installed an update last week
All Replies (3)
There are a few possibilities as to why it's running slow. Let me make some suggestions:
- Check for any extensions. Some, including antivirus toolbars, Browser Highlighter, and Skype extension are known to cause delays when loading sites. See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems.
- One or more plugins are outdated, causing Firefox to be slow when loading certain sites. Upgrade all outdated plugins by checking http://www.mozilla.com/plugincheck/.
If these solutions don't help, reply back with this information:
- When did the problem start?
- The troubleshooting information from Help->Troubleshooting information. (Open the Help menu, then click Troubleshooting Information. Press Copy all to clipboard to copy the information, then paste it in your reply.
Modified by Artist13Namine
1. Firefox may load and operate slowly if you have installed many add-ons or if your add-ons are conflicting. You can disable all add-ons and enable them, one by one, to determine if a specific add-on is causing trouble. In addition to this, you may wish to check for updates to add-ons to ensure that your installed add-ons are compatible with your current version of Firefox. 2. Firefox may be slow if you have many bookmarks. To circumvent this issue, remove unneeded bookmarks 3. Firefox may appear to be slow, but it may actually be due to your Internet connection or wireless signal. To troubleshoot this issue, you can use a separate browser -- such as either Internet Explorer or Google Chrome -- to determine if loading is slow across the board. You can also check your wireless connection, if you are using a laptop or cell phone with Firefox, to determine its strength. http://browser.iyogi.com/firefox/firefox-loads-slow.html