Why firefox has removed all my passwords and now not saving them when i am trying to save them afresh! It is compelling me to lookout for other options, on a serious note.
OS: Ubuntu 9.10, Firefox: 3.5.9. Suddenly, all my saved passwords are lost and it is not storing any new passwords either. Although the save password button appear, but clickiing on it doesn't do ANYTHING. It is really frustrating.
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- The next generation Java plug-in for Mozilla browsers.
- The Totem 2.28.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100402 Ubuntu/9.10 (karmic) Firefox/3.5.9
ubuntu firefox modifications 0.8
I don't know why Firefox erased your passwords, but you may be having a problem with some extension or plugin that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Have you tried disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal?
As for getting it to ask again, it has been reported that reinstalling Firefox will solve the issue.
Yes, the problem was with Ubuntu Firefox Modification 0.8 plugin. Disabling them restores the password.
Thanks Morbus :)