All of a sudden, my settings have been changed, my homepage, and EVERYTHING. No matter how many times I go in and change them again, the SAME pages open up when I start FireFox and I am constantly being asked if I want Yahoo as my start page and default s
I don't know what happened. All of a sudden, my settings have been changed, my homepage, and EVERYTHING. No matter how many times I go in and change them again, the SAME pages open up when I start FireFox and I am constantly being asked if I want Yahoo as my start page and default search engine. I click the box 'do not ask me again' and it comes up EVERY TIME. I change things like I don't want history remembered, and when I reload FireFox again, it's back to the way it was BEFORE. EVERY SINGLE TIME. I don't know why this is happening, or how to fix it. What do I do??
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Sounds like a virus or browser hijacker.
Run your Anti Virus program and MalwareBytes if you have it. If you haven't, download it from the link below, install it, update it and run it. It is really very good.
I do not want to download another virus program.. I do not believe it is a virus. I am running the full version of Norton 360 and it is doing a daily scan. I have Windows 7, 64 bit OS. This is very irritating !! If I wanted Yahoo I would ask for it !
Malwarebytes is what it says Jim, it's not a huge anti-virus prog and it is very good.
I do not want the wallpaper on my homepage of Mozilla Firefox 3.6. How do I get my home page back to the way it was please.
The Wallpaper is actually your theme Pat. You can change it via - Tools > Addons > Themes.
Your home-page is controlled via - Tools > Options > General > Start Up.