Firefox is suddenly not remembering or filling in any of my passwords. All of the appropriate boxes are checked in the options/security tab, but it won't remember any passwords and shows none saved. How do I get it to remember and fill in my passwords a
Firefox is suddenly not remembering or filling in any of my passwords. All of the appropriate boxes are checked in the options/security tab, but it won't remember any passwords and shows none saved. How do I get it to remember and fill in my passwords again?
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- npmnqmp 071303000006
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Picasa plugin
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
If somehow they were all cleared, it should save new ones, but it isn't. I keep checking yes when the top task bar comes up and asks to remember the password I have typed in, but then it doesn't remember it.
Do you mean names and passwords in the Password Manager or do you mean that you are no longer logged on to (remembered by) websites after closing and restarting Firefox? If the latter happens then you have a problem with cookies that are not kept or the file that stores the cookies is corrupted. Websites remembering you and automatically log you in is stored in a cookie that you must allow: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Exceptions" Make sure that you do not use Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox to clear the 'Cookies' and the 'Site Preferences'.
Make sure that you not run Firefox in Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history mode. In Private Browsing mode some menu items are disabled (grayed) and some features like visited links and others are disabled and not working. You are in Private Browsing mode if you see "Tools > Stop Private Browsing". See Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history and http://kb.mozillazine.org/Issues_related_to_Private_Browsing
See also http://kb.mozillazine.org/Password_Manager (Troubleshooting)
I mean that the names and passwords in the Password Manager are all gone. I seem to have lots of cookies and am not in Private Browsing. Hmmm...
Bizarro but looks like restarting my computer did the trick...dur! Thanks for your help!!!