This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
i accidentily deleted the "most visited" thing on the tool bar that also has " getting started" and "latest headlines" . My question, how do I get the "most visited" option back?
i accidentally deleted the "most visited" option in the tool bar, how do i get it back?
All Replies (3)
Default Smart Bookmarks Folders:
- Most visited
- Recently Bookmarked
- Recent tags
If you deleted any of the default Smart Bookmark folders, please follow these steps:
1. In the Location Bar, where you type in the addresses of sites, enter about:config
A warning may appear. Click I'll be careful, I promise!
2. Filter browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion .
3. Double-click browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion
4. An integers value pop-up will appear. Set it to zero
5. Click OK. The next time you close Firefox, it will reset
I followed some ill advice when trying to C L E A R the Most Visited and ended up deleting the Most Visited "Smart Folder". Since I had not created any new bookmarks for that day I went to the Bookmarks pull down menu > Show All Bookmarks > clicked on the star looking thing entitled "Import and Backup your bookmarks" > Restore > selected yesterday's bookmarks. It will give you a warning that all your current bookmarks will be destroyed. So what, I'm restoring last night's bookmarks anyway. Most Visited came back, all is well. This is what worked for me.
Modified by bcox