When I restart my computer, and open up Firefox, all my tabs are deleted. Help
I switched to Firefox from Chrome as my computer is too old (OS-High Sierra) and wouldn't support Chrome any more I've had to restart several times and each time I reopen Firefox, all my tabs are deleted. How can I prevent this and/or restore my tabs?
All Replies (3)
Hi Bob
You are increasingly going to have the same problem with Firefox. The version you have installed is one that we are only keeping running with vital security updates - for anything more you will need to install a much more recent version.
Thank you, Paul. Where do I get a "more recent version"? I thought I had the most recent version when I loaded Firefox about a month ago.
It's explained in Firefox users on macOS 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14 moving to Extended Support Release — for any current version you'd need to upgrade your macOS first.
The session restore should be working nonetheless, while the preference location and wording might have changed over time, the guide at Restore previous session - Configure when Firefox shows your most recent tabs and windows is still relevant to verify everything's set as expected.