I cannot receive my emails from sbcglobal.net (att.net)
help me set up the inbound.att.net so that it will receive my emails. PLEASE HELP
Chosen Solution
Results of running Window's in safe mode - nothing different.
I had nothing to loose so I deleted all the inbound / outbound setups, then went back to ATT and did yet another (10th) secure mail key, then re-set up the inbound/outbound setups (exactly as they were) and put in the 10th new secure mail key.
For what ever reason - it started working right before I got your response.
I am very worried that it is going to stop working again, but as of right now (for 5 mins) it is working, both receiving and sending.
THANK YOU so much for your patience, time and your help.
I was nearly in tears with frustration and you did really help me.
I appreciate you and your time !!
All Replies (6)
The settings are shown here:
https://www.att.com/support/article/dsl-high-speed/KM1010523/
You must create a secure mail key and use that in TB in place of the account password.
I have done the secure key (numerous times)
I have checked my inbound and outbound settings
I have gone through other threads with the same issues and did everything that was suggested.
It is still not pulling
Is there anything else I can do to try to resolve this ?
My life / work is completely tied up in these folders and this program
I appreciate any and all help!
There could be some external app that's blocking connections (although specific error messages haven't been stated). Disable a VPN if present, or test the process with Windows running in safe mode, which bypasses startup apps that are possibly interfering.
Tried your suggestions - still not connecting
I don't get an error code. I get this:
Login to server inbound.att.net with username Stacey@sbcglobal.net failed.
then it asks for my password - which is the secure mail key - which it doesn't except.
I guess i just need to find a new email platform / service thing. But, I don't know what may or may not be any good.
I really like this one, but I have had this issue a few months ago and here it is back again.
I am stumped on how to get it connected.
I truly appreciate your help! (and patience) If I delete the program and start over, do you have any idea if I will loose all my folder and information?
It looks like you have the correct settings, according to:
https://www.att.com/support/article/dsl-high-speed/KM1010523/
which is why I suggested testing in Windows safe mode. Results?
There's seldom any benefit in uninstalling/reinstalling the app, as this doesn't affect user data in the profile folder. But you can see if things work in a new profile (Help/Troubleshooting Info, about:profiles), and if they do, deal with transferring from the old to the new profile later.
Chosen Solution
Results of running Window's in safe mode - nothing different.
I had nothing to loose so I deleted all the inbound / outbound setups, then went back to ATT and did yet another (10th) secure mail key, then re-set up the inbound/outbound setups (exactly as they were) and put in the 10th new secure mail key.
For what ever reason - it started working right before I got your response.
I am very worried that it is going to stop working again, but as of right now (for 5 mins) it is working, both receiving and sending.
THANK YOU so much for your patience, time and your help.
I was nearly in tears with frustration and you did really help me.
I appreciate you and your time !!