Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

want to resize width of panel

John White

I am running with ubuntu 22.04.5 (linux)

I am trying to reduce the width of a panel which is on, say, firefox home. I can easily change the height of a panel (just put the mouse on the edge of the corner or top of the panel. However, when I put the mouse on the edge of either side of the panel nothing happens. I want to reduce the width of a panel and I cannot. Should add that the mouse turns into a resizing thing for all panel - it just doesn't work when trying to change width)

Thoughts?

I am running with ubuntu 22.04.5 (linux) I am trying to reduce the width of a panel which is on, say, firefox home. I can easily change the height of a panel (just put the mouse on the edge of the corner or top of the panel. However, when I put the mouse on the edge of either side of the panel nothing happens. I want to reduce the width of a panel and I cannot. Should add that the mouse turns into a resizing thing for all panel - it just doesn't work when trying to change width) Thoughts?

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

drufus2002 said

I am running with ubuntu 22.04.5 (linux) I am trying to reduce the width of a panel which is on, say, firefox home. I can easily change the height of a panel (just put the mouse on the edge of the corner or top of the panel. However, when I put the mouse on the edge of either side of the panel nothing happens. I want to reduce the width of a panel and I cannot. Should add that the mouse turns into a resizing thing for all panel - it just doesn't work when trying to change width) Should mention that reduction happens a little bit and then stops - length or width. The problem is really that it stops too far. Perhaps there is a change in the settings for this but I cannot find it. Thoughts?

Modified by John White

Apparently this is solved but I cannot find where. This system is a bit confusing.