Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Thunderbird and Hotmail

jamese2

Since Microsoft changed it's login process for Hotmail I am no longer able to get my mail. How do I change Thunderbird to work again?

Since Microsoft changed it's login process for Hotmail I am no longer able to get my mail. How do I change Thunderbird to work again?

All Replies (5)

Try these: - incoming: outlook.office365.com, port 993, SSL/TLS, Oauth2 (assuming IMAP) - outgoing: smtp.office365.com, port 587, STARTTLS, Oauth2

Thunder keeps changing the server to "pop3.live.com" port 994 and still does not get my e-mails

thunderbird does not do that. you should be able to click 'account settings' and enter the new server info.

The only way I was able to get Thunderbird to work correctly was set an entirely new account for Hotmail. Which is what I did.

Others have had to do similarly, something about the Oauth2 setup. I'm glad it now works. Thanks for the good news. :)