Developer Edition Crashing
As of 16 August Firefox Development Edition continually crashes.
Firefox standard is fine.
Tried the following 1. Shutdown and restart 2. Refresh 3. Uninstall, download and reinstall (4 times) 4. Chkdsk /r with restart then uninstall and reinstall 5. Open in troubleshoot mode 6. Tried incognito window 7. Tried disabling AV (Eset)
No change other than when the crash happens. Initially it would require opening a few tabs and browsing - now it crashes on startup.
Given that no other applications are behaving adversely, that Firefox standard works, that this was working find until 12 hours ago - my suspicion is it is something to do with the Developer edition.
Any other suggestions welcome.
All Replies (3)
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- On the keyboard, press [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a Run window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, type %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.
I have contacted our developers who have confirmed that an update is being sent out now that should resolve this issue. If you are unable to open Firefox to update, you can install a new version over the top of your existing copy from https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/developer/
FF Dev is my primary hence the post here but I have Firefox standard working fine so I can wait.
Will wait for next build and deploy when available.