Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

outgoing with comcast

jfescen

I have used Thunderbird for years with no problem. For the last several months, I receive the following message on outbound messages only. Additionally, this issue only occurs on my desktop computer, thunderbird works fine with my laptop: “An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded: resomta-a1p-076783.sys.comcast.net resomta-a1p-076783.sys.comcast.net Excessive failed authentication, ESMTP server temporarily not available.”

I have used Thunderbird for years with no problem. For the last several months, I receive the following message on outbound messages only. Additionally, this issue only occurs on my desktop computer, thunderbird works fine with my laptop: “An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded: resomta-a1p-076783.sys.comcast.net resomta-a1p-076783.sys.comcast.net Excessive failed authentication, ESMTP server temporarily not available.”

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

Other users have reported similar issues with Comcast:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1365914

my issue was with Norton VPN. After I disabled, it works fine