Autofill personal details
Is it possible to autofill personal details on websites I have looked in the privacy and security settings and every thing seems to specifically refer to en us users. I am an en gb user
Address Autofill: Available for all users in en-US builds (with US/CA/DE addresses [see extensions.formautofill.supportedCountries]).
Address Autofill: Available for users using an en-US build and located in the US with US addresses.
Address Autofill: Rolled out to users using an en-US build and located in the US with US addresses. Credit Card Autofill: Not available.
All Replies (2)
Hi Malcolm, it might be possible to enable it anyway, but I'm not sure it will work properly. If you want to try it, here's how you would do it. Please note that this is not officially supported outside the U.S., which may be for privacy/legal reasons.
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk. (Configuration Editor for Firefox)
(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste extensions.formautofill and pause while the list is filtered
Firefox should display numerous preferences.
(3) Double-click the extensions.formautofill.available preference to display an editing field, and change the value from detect to on then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.
After this, you could try loading or reloading the Preferences page to see whether the relevant section is now available so you can manage this feature. Either:
- Mac: "3-bar" menu button (or Firefox menu) > Preferences
- Linux: "3-bar" menu button (or Edit menu) > Preferences
- Windows: "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Settings (previously "Options")
- Any system: type or paste about:preferences into the address bar and press Enter/Return to load it
In the search box at the top of the page, type autofill and Firefox should filter to the relevant section:
Oh, if the built-in feature doesn't work with U.K. addresses, maybe there's an add-on that can do it?