Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Bookmarks missing on sign-in

shanig.rox

Hi,

Due to issues with a windows update, my computer went through 2 clean installs recently. After the first one, I was able to download Firefox, log in, and sync all my previous extensions and bookmarks. However, after the second clean install, I just logged into Firefox and it did not bring up any of my previous bookmarks or extensions. Where did they go? How can I get them back?

Please help. Thanks,

Hi, Due to issues with a windows update, my computer went through 2 clean installs recently. After the first one, I was able to download Firefox, log in, and sync all my previous extensions and bookmarks. However, after the second clean install, I just logged into Firefox and it did not bring up any of my previous bookmarks or extensions. Where did they go? How can I get them back? Please help. Thanks,

All Replies (2)

I don't know whether that qualifies as an 'update' but this article may help: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recover-user-data-missing-after-firefox-update

Hmm.. that doesn't seem to work. Any other suggestions?

Should I try to connect my external hard drive that has all my old files on it and see if firefox saved data on my computer before I updated it?