Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
This thread was closed and archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Locked Archived

how to delete popstate.dat files

SuMo Bot

I have a long list of popstate.dat files that I want to delete; how to do?

I have a long list of popstate.dat files that I want to delete; how to do?

All Replies (1)

You can delete popstate files from your operating system explorer app, but try to leave the original correct one alone. I don't have many of them but I assume the correct one is the one with last date modified. If you delete all of them, including the correct one by accident, the worst that can occur is that thunderbird will download again anything left in the server Inbox.

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.