Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Colours are too saturated

cdv53

I have the newest iMac since yesterday. MacOs Catalina 10.15.6 The colours in Firefox are since then way too saturated. There is a big difference with for example Safari. How can I fix this? I understand that I should disable color management, but I have no idea how or where? (I am not a computer wizz, rather a dummy, so no complicated solutions please.)

I have the newest iMac since yesterday. MacOs Catalina 10.15.6 The colours in Firefox are since then way too saturated. There is a big difference with for example Safari. How can I fix this? I understand that I should disable color management, but I have no idea how or where? (I am not a computer wizz, rather a dummy, so no complicated solutions please.)

All Replies (1)

Hi,

colours in Firefox may be more saturated, because Firefox does not implement the spec that restricts CSS colors to sRGB. Instead, it just throws the raw RGB coordinates on the screen, so e.g. rgb(100% 0% 0%) is the brightest red your screen can display. While this may seem like a superior solution, it’s incredibly inconsistent: specifying a color is approximate at best, since every screen displays it differently.

See bug 1602453.