This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Recent Updates Blocking Content
With recent updates shave had 3 problems on my desktop (Windows 7). All settings are default .... everything was fine until the last 2 or 3 updates.... have changed 0 settings over this time. AV is Kaspersky but I have it turned off. FF 78.0.1
1. Every Video I try and watch now has sound off by default ... PITA unmuting all the time. That's what Id like if it is a pop-up I have no interest in but if I PLAY the video, I want to hear it. This has been going on since maybe 4 updates back.
2. It has become a thing of late for authors not to bother writing, but to just include a bunch of twitter posts. I'm not so perturbed about not being able to see them (tho would like to know whats blocking them) ... just a gray box that jumps around, but after scrolling past them the page / text is jumping around. This started 2 updates back
3. With the last update, a new one .... for a game I play with my kids on line, we use a map
The page pulls in a grid map which I can no longer see, map area is all black. I just see the names and a grid pattern. Weird thing is It works fine on my laptop. This started on desktop just a few days ago
4. For whatever reason, my laptop "lost" most of its bookmarks
Note: I am typing from my laptop ... all but item 4 are issues on the desktop
All Replies (2)
follow the steps and instruction easy to fixed your problem:
Clear all cookies, site data and cache
- Click the ≡ menu button. and select Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Click the Clear Data… button. The Clear Data dialog will appear. ...
- Click Clear
Goto safe mode:
- Click the ≡ menu button. and select new private window
- or ctrl+shift+p
i hope resolved your problem then reply back to me.
I should have put BTDT (been there done that) in my post ... again, useless effort with a ton of inconvenience.
1. No change
2. Not encounterd a page with bunch of tweets yet
3. No change
4. No change