This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Youtube video stuttering
Most videos on youtube seem choppy, like they're playing at 5 fps. However, whenever I move the mouse it snaps out of it and the video plays ok. But a few seconds after I stop moving the mouse, back to the choppyness. I've noticed that anything in 60fps tends to be ok. This is a brand new computer, fresh install of windows, latest updates/drivers installed. Everything seems fine on Microsoft Edge.
All Replies (2)
Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration in Firefox. Since this feature was added to Firefox it has gradually improved but there are still a few glitches.
You will need to restart Firefox for this to take effect so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.,) and then perform these steps:
- Click the menu button and select Options (Windows) or Preferences (Mac, Linux).
- Select the General panel.
- Under Performance, uncheck Use recommended performance settings. Additional settings will be displayed.
- Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Close Firefox completely and then restart Firefox to see if the problem persists.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If the problem is resolved, you should check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in these Knowledge base articles:
Thanks for the reply, but sadly that didn't seem to change much. It did seem to stop the mouse movement being a factor, but it was a bit choppy all the time instead.
Modified by ian83123