Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

I can't install any add-ons from the store

  • 3 replies
  • 1 has this problem
  • 177 views
  • Last reply by crankygoat

more options

Hi, everybody. I have a problem that I can't solve on my own. In the FAQ or search, I did not find a mention (I could search poorly)

I will try to summarize the essence: immediately after installing Firefox (from www.mozilla.org) on ​​my PC, I tried to enable the synchronization in order to (including) download my extensions that I used previously on other devices. After that, I found that none of them could be installed (they did not even appear in the Add-ons Manager list). In addition, I noticed that the list of recommended add-ons from the Manager's is displayed incorrectly (there are no preview images). When I tried to download a add-on manually from the list by clicking the "+ Add to Firefox" button, I received a pop-up message that "The add-on could not be downloaded of a connection failure" (I use a wired connection (Ethernet) to my PC, without any restrictions. At this point, I was using Chrome in parallel without any problems). I tried to go to (addons.mozilla.org) and found the same behavior. Images were not displayed and extensions were not downloaded (Download failed. Please check your connection.).

What I tried to do to solve the problem: reset the default settings; disable syncing; run in Safe Mode; delete Firefox entirely, and install it again. But all these actions did not solve my problem.

I will be grateful to anyone who can answer me. I'm counting on you.

Attached screenshots

Chosen solution

Hi crankygoat, Thank you for your response! Before replying to Your message, I tried to just refresh F5 the page (addons.mozilla.org) in a tab to make sure that the problem is still there. But to my surprise, the page displayed correctly (all images were in place). I also tried to check the add-ons manager, everything was fine there too (the images were displayed correctly). After that, I tried downloading several extensions from the store. All of them were installed without problems, and worked properly! I also tried to follow some steps on your instructions (created a new profile), and found no problems. At the end of everything, I tried to re-sync my profile - and miracle, there were no problems with it either! I don't know what happened. You may be right, something went wrong during the first sync, and I had a problem. It's a good thing it decided on it's own. Thank you for your response!

Read this answer in context 👍 0

All Replies (3)

more options

Can you try loading addons.mozilla.org using a new, clean profile? Possibly something bad happened during sync and the profile is corrupted.

(I imagine one would disable sync while testing this.) Type about:profiles in the address bar. Create a new profile. (Do not select folder.) Scroll to see your new profile. Click to open profile in a new window. Close the original window. Test the site and the add-ons manager.

more options

Chosen Solution

Hi crankygoat, Thank you for your response! Before replying to Your message, I tried to just refresh F5 the page (addons.mozilla.org) in a tab to make sure that the problem is still there. But to my surprise, the page displayed correctly (all images were in place). I also tried to check the add-ons manager, everything was fine there too (the images were displayed correctly). After that, I tried downloading several extensions from the store. All of them were installed without problems, and worked properly! I also tried to follow some steps on your instructions (created a new profile), and found no problems. At the end of everything, I tried to re-sync my profile - and miracle, there were no problems with it either! I don't know what happened. You may be right, something went wrong during the first sync, and I had a problem. It's a good thing it decided on it's own. Thank you for your response!

more options

Great! I'm glad that issue is sorted for you. Seems like there was indeed a connection failure. Sometimes we get weird routing on the internet which causes high latency and connection failures. Could be the server was overloaded or had a senior moment. After that happens, sometimes it is best to force a full page refresh (Shift + reload) or alternatively clear the cache, or the broken page may persist beyond the duration of the actual network problem. (Clearing the OS DNS cache can help too.)