Whitelisting: Such a headache. Why was this changed?
It used to be so easy. You just either block or whitelist a website in Permissions. Now its a nightmare. Here we are: about:preferences#privacy I see no way of doing anything on this page. I don't even know why its here. How about adding an option like ADD WEBSITE. It just seems like monkeys run this organization.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:70.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/70.0
What kind of permission are you trying to grant?
Have you tried the Page Info dialog, Permissions panel, while you are on the page? You can call that up using any of these:
- right-click a blank area of the page > View Page Info
- (menu bar) Tools menu > Page Info
- click the lock or "i" icon to the left of the site address, then the ">" icon, then More Information
Click Permission, and then when you need to make an exception:
- Uncheck/clear the "Use default" box
- Select the permission you prefer
That was extremely helpful! You nailed it! Thank you very much!
Click the menu button .
Click Content Blocking. This takes you to the Content Blocking section in your Firefox OptionsPreferences Privacy & Security panel. Select the Custom radio button. Click the Change block list link. Choose the block list you want to use. Click Save Changes.
Hi Dinushi Dhananjani, the block list (regular vs. heavy duty) is a global setting, not something you can adjust on a site-by-site basis, so I don't think it will help in this case.