Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Windows doesn't see an installed email program after Thunderbird update. 65.0b4 beta

Bartdude

If I right click on a file from Windows and "send by email" I get an error: no installed email program. Tried playing with the registry (after searching online) to set default email app (was set to none, changed to Tbird). Same with Open Office when I choose send as email from in there (no email program found). Any ideas? Win 10 pro.

If I right click on a file from Windows and "send by email" I get an error: no installed email program. Tried playing with the registry (after searching online) to set default email app (was set to none, changed to Tbird). Same with Open Office when I choose send as email from in there (no email program found). Any ideas? Win 10 pro.

All Replies (1)

Try the release version, install it and see if you have an issue.

If not all good. Reinstall 65. Issue returns? Please file a bug. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

There were a number of MAPI fixes in the 60.5 and the daily but I do not think they have all made it to the beta releases yet. If there is a bug we need to know, so please do the checks to find out.