This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How do I move 'Recently Bookmarks' into a folder created under the 'Bookmarks Menu' without bookmark reappearing in 'Recently Bookmarked?
I move a new bookmark from Recently Bookmarked folder to another folder under Bookmarks Menu. I verify that it has moved and will work in the new folder. The moved bookmark is added to the Recently Bookmarked folder and stays in the folder to which it was moved. Upon deleting the new bookmark from Recently Bookmarked folder the bookmark is deleted from the new folder and the Recently Bookmarked folder. How do I move Recently Bookmarked into a folder created under the Bookmarks Menu and not have it reappear in the "Recently Bookmarked folder?
All Replies (2)
"Recently Bookmarked" isn't a "real" folder. All it is is a mirror of bookmarks that have been recently saved; the real bookmark is in the folder that you saved it in which is either in the Bookmarks Menu or on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
"Recently Bookmarked" is a so called "Smart Bookmark" that shows the result of a place query in a list and isn't a real existing folder.
Some information about so called smart bookmarks folders.
- "Most Visited" and "Recently Bookmarked" are examples of so called Smart Bookmarks folders and are not real existing folders
- smart folders show a list created by a query of the places.sqlite database that stores bookmarks and history in Firefox
- bookmark and history items that show up in a smart folder list are stored elsewhere in another folder and any changes made are applied to the real bookmark or history item
- bookmarks created by clicking the star on the Navigation toolbar or via "Bookmark This Page" (Ctrl+D) are created in the "Other Bookmarks" folder (formerly named "Unsorted")
- if you remove an entry then the list is shifted up and a new entry that wasn't shown previously is added to show 10 entries