Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Extensions do not work after updating from FF 60 to 61 on Mac

  • 2 replies
  • 1 has this problem
  • 621 views
  • Last reply by kelmi

more options

My extensions do not work. I successfully updated from 60.0.2 to 61.0 and then to 61.0.1 earlier today without issues. I have the most recent MacOS (10.13.5). None of my extension work or show up after the updates.

I tried to install a new extension (privacy badger), and it was successfully installed. However, I cannot find it anywhere on the menus. It is listed under the addons. Restarting FF or disenabling and enabling extensions do not work either. This is very annoying and I don't have a clue how to fix this. Any help appreciated.

My only recent crash is from last month (although reported today). bp-71d0e9bb-d037-49fc-bc25-ef7280180707

Thanks!

Modified by kelmi

Chosen solution

Hi, crash report I do not think is useful. Please try a Refresh but Note that this does more than uninstalling and re-installing does. Normal uninstalling does not remove some preferences which may have become corrupt. Please Refresh but back-up first :

then

TEST....... If no issues then Extensions which need to be added back in 1 at a time and tested ..... Or it is your Profile : Make a new one and test ...:

If is your Profile :

Note: Any customization will revert back to default, you will also need to reinstall Extensions.

Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.

Read this answer in context 👍 1

All Replies (2)

more options

Chosen Solution

Hi, crash report I do not think is useful. Please try a Refresh but Note that this does more than uninstalling and re-installing does. Normal uninstalling does not remove some preferences which may have become corrupt. Please Refresh but back-up first :

then

TEST....... If no issues then Extensions which need to be added back in 1 at a time and tested ..... Or it is your Profile : Make a new one and test ...:

If is your Profile :

Note: Any customization will revert back to default, you will also need to reinstall Extensions.

Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.

more options

Thanks!

Based on the above, I decided to tinker with prefs.js and deleted some old changes I have made over the years (nothing lately). That fixed the problem.