This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
My bookmarks "library" won't work
I can't make my bookmark file work. It won't load old versions, it won't save new bookmarks, it doesn't have all the parts it needs. I also can't download files, although I don't know if that's connected.
This happened at the same time "Pocket" became part of the new Firefox update.
All Replies (3)
Please do not post in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1184933 it is a duplicate of this one and marked for deletion.
The question was entered twice because my firefox is not cooperating. If anyone has an answer to why I am having a problem, please help.
Here's how you can disable the Pocket extension if you think it will help:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful or accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste pock and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the extensions.pocket.enabled preference to switch the value from true to false
I don't know why your Library is empty. Does your Firefox seem to have any bookmarks or history? Typically if you type something into the address bar you'll get some matches.
If all else fails, I suggest we temporarily remove the Places database which stores bookmarks and history. Here's how:
Open your current Firefox settings (AKA Firefox profile) folder using either
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Troubleshooting Information
- (menu bar) Help > Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter
In the first table on the page, click the "Open Folder" button. This should launch a new window listing various files and folders in Windows Explorer.
Leaving that window open, switch back to Firefox and Exit, either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "power" button
- (menu bar) File > Exit
Pause while Firefox finishes its cleanup, then scroll down to places.sqlite and rename it something like placesOLD.sqlite (just in case we need to bring it back). There may be some left over journaling files named places.sqlite-shm and places.sqlite-wal. If Firefox didn't close those out and remove them during cleanup, you should rename or delete those yourself.
Start Firefox back up again. Firefox should create a blank Places database and attempt to restore your last bookmarks backup.