This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I cannot get flash player to work. I am on the latest version.
I have install the latest version of flash play for Firefox, version 18.104.22.168. When I try to play a video from a web page I get the following message "We're sorry but your browser does not support this video. Please install Adobe Flash version 10 or later".
All Replies (5)
See if there are updates for your graphics drivers https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration
This was not the problem. I am running the current drivers.
Some problems with Flash video playback can be resolved by disabling hardware acceleration in your Flash Player settings. (See this article for more information on using the Flash plugin in Firefox).
To disable hardware acceleration in Flash Player:
- Go to this Adobe Flash Player Help page.
- Right-click on the Flash Player logo on that page.
- Click on Settings in the context menu. The Adobe Flash Player Settings screen will open.
- Click on the icon at the bottom-left of the Adobe Flash Player Settings window to open the Display panel.
- Remove the check mark from Enable hardware acceleration.
- Click Close to close the Adobe Flash Player Settings Window.
- Restart Firefox.
This Flash Player Help - Display Settings page has more information on Flash Player hardware acceleration, if you're interested.
Does this solve the problem? Let us know.
I disabled hardware acceleration but it did not fix the problem.