why does it say "Your system doesn't meet the requirements to run Firefox. " when my Mac says my system is up to date?
I tried to update Firefox, but a screen comes up that says "Your system doesn't meet the requirements to run Firefox. " Yet my mac is telling me there is nothing to update - I am current! Very, very frustrating!
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.13
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing Plugin
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.1.0
- SquareClock Web Plugin SquareClock_Production_HBMV1
- Unity Web Player version 5.0.3f2. (c) 2015 Unity Technologies ApS. All rights reserved.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
I am not sure, if your OS X is now considered old or not by Firefox. A lot of Winxp, Macs are going to the ESR release which I think you are going to have to do as your running Firefox 48 and current version is 56.0.1 You can get the ESR here : https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/
Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.
You can consider to update to OS X 10.9 to be able to use current Firefox releases.
Firefox support has ended for Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8:
You can consider to install the Firefox 45.9.0 ESR version since this version is more recent (has received more security updates; April 19, 2017) than the Firefox 47.0.2 version (November 1, 2016).
I downloaded per the link in the e-mail. When I went to install it, it said "You can’t use this version of the application Firefox with this version of OS X. You have OS X 10.8.5. The application requires OS X 10.9 or later" - I have version 10.8.5. When I try to update it, it tells me I am updated. I have no idea what to do next!
You can't go beyond the Firefox version that you have currently installed. If the website only works with a more recent Firefox version then you are out of luck and you would have to update your computer to OS X 10.9 or later. See the knowledge base articles in my above reply for more details.