This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I can Not Bookmark a Page
I have a Mac, OS 10.12.6 I am having difficulty Bookmarking a Page, the "Bookmark This Page" is not always there, sometimes it is, depending what web page I am on? sometimes its "Bookmark all Tabs" or "Edit this Bookmark" or "Bookmark Tools" or Both but the "Bookmark This Page" disappears, it isn't grayed out, it doesn't show up under the Bookmark menu, I can not find it. does it have to do with how much bookmarks you have to have in your bookmarks? like are you suppose to a certain amount of Bookmarks? and if you go over that certain amount you can't bookmark pages? what about having too many tabs open on the FireFox Browser? will that cause the "Bookmark This Page" to disappear from the Menu? if Not then how can I fix this little bug so I can bookmark my pages without the "Bookmark this Page" disappearing from my menu? I Have a Online College course that I do some of my work on like Homework or do online Quizzes, I can Bookmark the Log in web site, but when I am inside the online course web site I can not Bookmark that Page? I use to, but now for some reason I can Not?
All Replies (1)
When you bookmark a page then "Bookmark This Page" will change to "Edit this Bookmark" and the star on the Navigation Toolbar gets highlighted to indicate this. You can click the highlighted star to edit the bookmark and possibly move the bookmark from "Other Bookmarks" to another folder.
You see "Bookmark All Tabs" in the context menu of a tab on the Tab Bar.
Some information about how bookmarking works:
- click the star on the Navigation toolbar to bookmark the page in the "Other Bookmarks" folder and the star turns blue to indicate this
- use "Bookmark This Page" (Command+D) to bookmark the page in the Bookmarks Menu folder
In Firefox 47+ releases the "Edit This Bookmark" dialog opens when you bookmark the current tab to make it easier to move the bookmark to another folder or edit the properties
- "Bookmark This Page" can be accessed via the right-click context menu in the browsing area or via the Bookmarks menu in the Firefox menu button drop down or menu bar (Alt+B)
- when the URL in the current tab is bookmarked and the star is highlighted blue then "Bookmark This Page" and the tooltip of the star changes to "Edit This Bookmark"
- click the highlighted star or use "Edit This Bookmark" (Command+D) to edit the properties of the bookmark like name and location and move the bookmark to another folder
- click the Remove button to remove the bookmark