Safe to Force-Enable media hardware video decoding? (about:config)
In XP 32-bit, If H.264 video failed to decode in Firefox (but not in Chrome, though Chrome stutters).....
....is it safe to Force-Enable media hardware video decoding in About:Config?
(in other words, to toggle it from "false" to "true"?
Modified by Minni
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 26.0 r0
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
That won't likely not have any effect.
Firefox relies on built-in OS support to play media files via the HTML5 media player. On the Windows XP platform you do not have native support for playing MP4 files with the HTML5 media player.
You can try if the solution posted here to add support for playing MP4 files works for you.
I will lock this tread since you had created another thread with more information.
Please continue here:
- [/questions/1172348] S.O.S. HTML-video H.264 not working Firefox (unlike Chrome