After Reset/Refresh - restore Bookmarks Toolbar (aka Shortcuts/Favorites)...non-intuitive
Maybe this needs to go to the suggestions dept. for once and for all, because for people with bad memories like mine, it's very unsettling not to have an intuitive way to RESTORE the bookmarks-shortcuts toolbar.
It's embarrassing, but this problem recurs to me over and over again: The ONLY way I find the answer to my question, is by browsing thru Minni's previously-asked questions on this forum.
I don't EVER find the answer thru search engine keywords NOR via Mozilla's searchbox keywords.
So here are suggestions to make Mozilla more empathically intuitive:
(1) In View > Toolbars > Menu-Bar: Rename "Menu-Bar" to File/Edit (menu-bar)b> (I panicked when the menu-bar disappeared upon my UnCheckmark)
(2) On the Menu-Bar - Tools-Popup - right below where it says "Options, include these two:
Tools > <b>ShortCuts-Toolbar(On/Off) Tools > File/Edit (menu-bar)
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 25.0 r0
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
You can right-click on free area on a toolbar (Tab Bar or Navigation Toolbar) to set what toolbars to display, so you do not actually need the Menu Bar (View -> Toolbars), but there are more ways like the customize window (Show/Hide Toolbars) and the right-click context menu. You can tap the Alt key or press the F10 key to show the hidden Menu Bar temporarily.
Actually, I meant my post as a suggestion, to prevent future complications due to non-intuitive interface combined with my poor memory.