How can I clear cookies and still leave my banking login information so i dont have to type my card number again
Every time I clear my cookies I have to re-enter my login information when I want to do online banking. Is it possible to clear the cookies and still leave my banking info available
Form data is not cookies AFAIK.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 26.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:53.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/53.0
Form data is not cookies AFAIK.
Note that a detail like a website remembering you (log you in automatically) is stored in a cookie.
I would advice not to use this for a banking website, but you can use this for a forum or other website you visit frequently that do not deal with financial transactions.
You can use these steps to make a website recognize and remember you:
- You can create a cookie "Allow" exception to keep specific cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy -> "Use custom settings for history" -> Cookies: Exceptions
Let the cookies expire when Firefox is closed to make them session cookies instead of using "Clear history when Firefox closes" to clear the cookies.
- Firefox/Options/Preferences -> Privacy -> "Use custom settings for history" -> Cookies: Keep until: "I close Firefox"
You can create a cookie "Allow" exception to keep specific cookies.
You need to keep the Site Preferences.
- clearing "Site Preferences" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exception for password and other website specific data