What is "https://info.updaterex.com", it keeps trying to get into my computer on all browsers, my Avast security blocks it, where is it coming frin?
I keep getting a "blocked" message from Avast, my internet security provider. Where is this "updaterex.com" malware virus coming from. The other day my girlfriend told me that I was trying to "video call" her on Facebook, I don't know how to do this, I did not do this. It also said that she was trying to "video call" me, she doesn't know how to do this either.
Do I have a virus in my computer? I ran a scan and all the files are ok, no viruses. Why does this bad file keep trying to attack my computer, its scary. It has happened about 12 times already. I want it gone !!
Additional System Details
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer 126.96.36.199
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.121.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
You may have ad / mal-ware. Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Run most or all of the listed malware scanners. Each works differently. If one program misses something, another may pick it up.