Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

How do I attach a Thunderbird e-mail to the e-mail I am sending ?

Oldgobbo

Hi. I want to send an e-mail and attach another e-mail that I received earlier. (I do not want to just forward the earlier e-mail). Is that possible ? - and, if so, on clicking attach, where should I tell Thunderbird to search, please ? Many thanks for any help on this

Note: using W7 ultimate and Thunderbird 45.4.0

Hi. I want to send an e-mail and attach another e-mail that I received earlier. (I do not want to just forward the earlier e-mail). Is that possible ? - and, if so, on clicking attach, where should I tell Thunderbird to search, please ? Many thanks for any help on this Note: using W7 ultimate and Thunderbird 45.4.0

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

Sorry, I'm daft - just worked it out - Save e-mail as a file, then you can attach it in the normal way.

Been a long day....

@sfhowes - thanks very much, had not realized that. Very useful to know.