Why is my screen freezing?
My screen keeps freezing and distorting images and text - see attached.
This happens on multiple websites but always seems to occur when scrolling to the latter end of the page. It's almost like its a buffering issue but the broadband speed is good and this doesn't happen when using other web browsers.
I have tried completely uninstalling FireFox and reinstalling but it still hasn't fixed the issue.
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.17.20050
- Bing Bar
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.91.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
We are currently aware of this bug. Please see bug 1304360 for more information about the situation.
This issue can currently be solved by disabling hardware acceleration on Firefox.
The developers need your help to solve this issue. If possible, can you please enter about:support in the Firefox address bar. This page contains information about your system and Firefox. Please click the Copy Text To Clipboard button and paste the information into this thread. This will help the developers to discover the cause of the issue and create a potential patch.
Thanks in advance for your assistance with this bug. Sorry for any inconvenience.