Firefox wont let me restore my missing bookmarks
My bookmarks disappeared two days after installing new version. When I try to restore from an older backup it says "unable to process the backup file." When I try to restore bookmarks from a newer version it says "Unsupported file type."
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Skype Web Plugin 18.104.22.168
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 15.008.20082
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- nugster Integration Plug-in
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Look on your desktop. Do you see a folder called; Old Firefox?
Your System Details shows;
Mac OS X 10.10 Firefox 31.0
Why are you using such an old browser?
Firefox 32+ switched from regular .json files to compressed .jsonlz4 files. That could be why Firefox 31 can't handle the newer format.
If you had trouble finding the current installer, see:
Or to use the internal updater, see: