48.0b1 how/what to-edit so that Fullscreen & no titlebar (idiot guide) win10
have created new profile, but can not determine where and what to edit so as to force full screen and inhibit titlebar, there does not seem to be an "Idiot's Guide" to acheive these goals
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.10.20056
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
You can use one of these to set which toolbars to show.
- "3-bar" menu button -> Customize -> Show/Hide Toolbars
- View -> Toolbars
You can tap the Alt key or press F10 to show the Menu Bar
- Right-click empty toolbar area
You can toggle the title bar on/off via the "Title Bar" button at the bottom left in the Customize palette window.
If your looking for an "Idiots guide" why are you using a pre-Release Beta version of Firefox. Why do you think you are 'qualified' to test and provide feedback that will help Mozilla bring a Beta version to the Release stage?
I am using a pre-Release Beta version of Firefox, because it was auto downloaded/updated. I do NOT think I am 'qualified' to test but am willing to provide feedback that will help Mozilla bring a Beta version to the Release stage !
"3-bar" menu button -> Customize -> Show/Hide Toolbars" Required item to be “unticked” -- worked
“View -> Toolbars” not tested
“Right-click empty toolbar area “ not worth a comment
F10 for tool bars functioned, but does not saved to profile F11 fullscreen works but again, not saved to profile
Examined prefs.js but could not see anything relating to setting full screen
Testing performed via
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox>firefox -p full-notitle tesco.com
The Full Screen mode setting is no longer stored in xulstore.json, so you will have to redo this manually on every Firefox start.
Release versions update on the Release channel only, and same holds true for the three other channels; updates never jump a channel.
The only one that differs from that is the Release Candidates that are available the last 6 to 7 days of Beta testing - the RC becomes the new Release version if the user downloaded the Release Candidate version even though it is technically "Beta".