Can we restrict firefox to browse system drives?
I have configured group policy so that user can not access machine Drives. This policy is working fine but when user type C:\ in address bar of Firefox, user can view whole directory structure of C drive. It does n't work for IE.
When user type C:\ and press enter
Index of file:///c:/
ALL CONTENT is displayed.
Can we restrict firefox to browse system drives? P.S> firefox version 46, I'm stumbling for days trying to find a solution. Just to tell you that I try editing omi.ja and browser.js and pasteing a code that will restrict this from happend but it didnt work. Also a propsitions that I found on internet are preaty old. Once again, thanx all for help and any suggestion is apricieted!!!
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.16.20039
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
An add-on would not be useful as Safe Mode would disable it.