How to remove partners.cmptch.com. Popups interrupt searches and sometimes cause problems.
Keep getting pop-up Firefox 45.02 available. I upgrade and nothing happens.
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 15.010.20060
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.2.4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
A Windows user reported a similar issue with a related site yesterday. Infections that affect both Windows and Mac usually are add-ons. Could you try this:
(1) Open Firefox's Add-ons page using either:
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
In the left column, click Plugins. Set nonessential and unrecognized plugins to "Never Activate".
In the left column, click Extensions. Then, if in doubt, disable (or Remove, if possible) unrecognized and unwanted extensions. All extensions are optional; none come with Firefox.
Often a link will appear above at least one disabled extension to restart Firefox. You can complete your work on the tab and click one of the links as the last step.
(2) To check for external software that might reinfect Firefox, run a sweep of your system with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac (free version): https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/
Can you get rid of it?