Firefox lost my sync data? Everything is gone, even after syncing.
my computer crashed and i lost all of my saved data however the apps and programs were still there. then when i opened my Firefox all my bookmarks, history data and passwords were gone. i didn't think anything of it until i logged into sync and noticed when it says sync complete, there is still nothing there. why is all my data gone i thought it was all backed up with some kind of Firefox cloud feature. i uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it but still is says it just synced and there is still no bookmarks or passwords or anything else. i have used Firefox all my life but this really makes me want to switch to chrome or something. i have so many passwords and saved pages. i would really hate to have to start over again please help me...
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
Did you have a problem logging in to Sync?
Did you reset the password for Sync / Firefox Account password? If so, that was a fatal mistake. If you did reset the password your data was cleared from the Sync server. The password is used to create an encryption key which is used to decrypt the data when it arrives back on one of your devices. A different password would have a different "key", one that wouldn't be able to decrypt your data.
Do you have another device connected to that Sync account?
yes i did i forgot my password and they shouldn't do it like that. forget this im done..