64bit FF insists reboot needed to complete previous update
this has happened previously when updating 32 bit FF, but always cured by reboot. now i am attempting first install of 64bit. i am guessing that it should reside in a separate directory. however, i want it to use the same bookmarks, etc as 32 bit. can a single profile be shared by both versions?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.14
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
Yes, if you install the 64-bit Firefox in a separate directory (you should check it during the installation), it will find the existing profile and use it. Have you tried already?