This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How to disable "Are you sure, you want to delete this item?" prompt
I have a blog and sometimes I need to delete links from the blog. So it always ask me "Are you sure you want to delete this item?" and I press CTRL and click yes. And when I want to delete another link on the same page with pressing Ctrl it was asking me to "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs". I just disabled "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs" with this command:
- Copy this string to your clipboard: dom.successive_dialog_time_limit
- In FireFox Address bar Enter: about:config and press enter.
- Accept the warning dialog.
- In the preferences area right-click.
- Select New-> Integer
- Paste the string you copied previous and click OK
- Enter the integer 0 in the next dialog box and click OK.
- Close the about:config page.
But "Are you sure, you want to delete this item?" is still my problem. I just want to disable this feature because I have to remove multiple links by pressing Ctrl on the same page but it's asking me again and again: Are you sure, you want to delete this item?
I tried to disable this with this command: Search for dom.disable_beforeunload and Double Click On It To Change The Value From False To True.
but it did not work... so any one else can help me out how to disable this? I'm attaching two snapshots for more details.
thanks in advance
Modified by NoahSUMO
All Replies (2)
To make sure that its not a website feature, try this:
- When the warning is enabled in Firefox, open a new window with three tabs open
- Try to close the window, does it give a warning?
If so, this is a feature of the website.
Modified by NoahSUMO
Hi Sir, thanks for your reply but i just downgraded the firefox from 43.0.1 to Firefox 38.0.5 and i did not disabled any thing like prevent or are you sure, but when im trying to delete multi links first time it asked me are you sure u want to delete this item and second time it ask me prevent this age for making blah blah and i just mark it okay and third time i click on delete its automatic opens a new tab and the link is getting deleted but why this trick in not working in the 43.0.1 so this is not the sites feature this is firefox issue can you let me know what to do