open new tab to homepage
How can I open a new tab to my specific homepage only in Firefox 43.0.4.? I prefer this option to either the multi-window view of recently visited websites, or to the blank page.
Thanks for instructions on how to open a new tab to my specific homepage only in Firefox 43.0.4.
Additional System Details
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_3_0_0_0
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Reader Applicaiton Detector Plugin
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 205
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
This extension - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tab-homepage/ - will do that for you.
The browser.newtab.url pref is no longer supported in Firefox (41+), so it is no longer possible to set the new tab page via this pref.
You can look at this extension to set the new tab page:
- New Tab Override: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/new-tab-override/
You can set the new tab URL via the Options/Preferences of the extension on the about:addons page.
You can look at this extension if you use the home page as the new tab page.
- New Tab Homepage: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/new-tab-homepage/
Classic Theme Restorer includes this feature as well. In current CTR versions (1.3.9+) you find "New tab page url" in the Tabs (1) section.
You can use pages like these:
- the default new tab page with the tiles is about:newtab
- the default home page is about:home
- for a blank page use about:blank
- for Super Start use about:superstart
- use the URL of a web page
See the about:about page for available about pages.