refresh firefox page -- pressing refresh firefox button has no effect
Firefox is slow to start up. The advice is to refresh firefox. I see no refresh button. Pushing the "refresh firefox" button on the relevant page has no effect.
Can anyone help?
Thanks Serena ,,,,,,
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.1
- Unity Player 4.2.0f4
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
I had the same issue long ago. I could not reset the browser, or even create a new profile. I ended up doing this; Close Firefox.
Open the file browser / explorer on your computer. Note: You may have to enable Show Hidden Folders / Files. Enter this in the address bar;
Windows: %AppData%\Mozilla\ C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\ http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox#Windows Linux: ~/.mozilla/ http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox#Linux Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/ http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox#Mac
Rename the profiles.ini file by adding .old to it. Now restart Firefox.
I have filed a report with Bugzilla; Bug 1107140 - Firefox Reset Button Does Not Reset Firefox Settings
* Please do not post in bug reports. *
Thanks for your help with this.
I'm a bit insecure about going into the system and changing file names, so I'll hope that you bug report will eventually get the problem solved.
I don't know if anyone is working on this. Just follow the above instructions. You will be fine. Firefox will automatically create new settings files.